Is Private Rehab Affordable?
The topic of cheap rehab often comes up when people call our addiction recovery helpline. It is a topic we are happy to address, but one which requires us to tread very lightly. You see, the temptation of choosing a rehab programme based solely on price is one that can end up leaving you worse off than when you started.
We do everything we can to make sure our clients receive appropriate care for their circumstances. Sometimes that care involves free programmes offered by the NHS and community-based organisations. Other times, a client is best served through outpatient programmes offered by private clinics and counsellors. Yet residential treatment at a private clinic is often the most appropriate option for complete recovery.
UK-Rehab wants to help you locate and access the type of rehab treatment that is right for you. When you call our helpline, we will walk you through each of your options and their costs. Then we will advise you as to the most appropriate course of action. In the end, what is most important to us is that you get the help you need.
Cheap Rehab at a Private Clinic
We hate to use the term ’cheap rehab’ as it relates to the treatment you will receive at a private clinic. The term ’inexpensive’ offers a much better description. How so? Well, just think of what the words ’cheap’ and ’inexpensive’ cause you to think of. When we say something is cheap, we are usually referring to both cost and quality. Moreover, never forget the old principle that says you get what you pay for.
For example, if you are looking for the cheapest rehab option out there, you cannot get much cheaper than the free programmes offered by the NHS. However, the quality of these programmes pales in comparison to what is available through private clinics. In this case, going cheap might not be in your best interest.
By the same token, there are some very inexpensive options for private treatment in the UK. Depending on your particular need, you might find that private treatment is a fraction of what you expect it to cost. We cannot give you any concrete numbers here, but we can let you know the price of private treatment when you get in touch with one of our counsellors.
Perhaps you are looking for cheap rehab programmes because your finances are limited. That is understandable. Moreover, in cases when there is no possible way to finance private treatment, we have no problem referring our clients to community-based services and the NHS. Any treatment is better than no treatment at all. If you can afford private treatment, you are better off though.
There are a number of options for paying for private treatment at a residential clinic:
- Private Health Insurance – Almost every private health insurance plan offered in the UK provides some amount of cover for drug addiction rehab. Your policy might cover you in full, or it might only offer partial cover. You will have to contact your insurance company to know for sure.
- Personal Savings – Although using your personal savings to pay for treatment may not sound attractive, the alternative is even less attractive. What good would it be to hold onto your savings if your life is destroyed by drug or alcohol addiction? You are better off using your savings to get well and then set yourself to the task of rebuilding the savings.
- Personal Loans – Some of our clients have used personal loans in the absence of private health insurance or savings. If you do not qualify for a personal loan, perhaps a family member would be willing to take one out on your behalf.
- Credit Cards – Most of the clinics we work with accept payment via major credit cards. Although we do not always recommend this as the best option, is available if you need it.
- Donations – When all other financing options fail, we urge clients to ask family members and friends for donations. Many are surprised by the willingness of their loved ones to help in this matter. In your case, you may have to provide some sort of demonstrable proof that you are serious about getting well before family and friends are willing to help.
The costs associated with each private clinic we work with are different. So be sure to ask about all of your options when you call our recovery helpline. We do not want to end our conversation with you until we know your questions have been answered. That includes questions about paying for your treatment at a private clinic.
Its Decision Time
You began reading this page with the idea cheap rehab in the back of your mind. Hopefully we have answered at least some of those questions here. Assuming that is the case now is decision time. Recovering from alcohol or drug addiction rests in your decision to get help for yourself or someone you love. Recovery is not possible until that decision is made.
If you are looking for help yourself, understand that no one can force you to get well. No one can make the decision necessary to seek treatment but you, and you alone. What we are saying is that your future is in your hands. Will you make that decision to enter rehab today? That is the decision your friends and family members are hoping you will make; it is the decision we hope you will make as well.
Whether or not you are able to find cheap rehab services is less important than agreeing to start looking. If you are willing to start, we are willing to help. When you call, we promised to give you a free and complete evaluation of your current circumstances, including treatment options and costs. Moreover, we promise to help you find the best price possible for the treatments that give you the greatest chances of permanent success.
No matter where you live, there is a drug rehab center that can help you overcome your addiction. We'll help you find it.Select a County